Required Minimum Distribution (RMD)

If any of you have to take a Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) from your IRA, you can have that directed to St. John’s (or Crossways Camps, or one of our seminaries, or ELCA Hunger Appeal), and then it is excluded from taxable income. (You cannot claim a deduction for it, but you don’t pay income tax on what goes directly to a qualified charity.)

About the Author