Here is a treasure hunt list- go outside and find all/as many as you can. Take pictures as you do your hunt email to Stacibohling@gmail.com so she can make a collage of what you find. Talk about what you noticed about God’s creation. Read the creation story Genesis Chapter 1- Chapter2 verse 4. Take time to praise God together for making all the things you found.
Other verses to reflect on:
- Romans 1:20- From the creation of the world, God’s invisible qualities, his eternal power, and divine nature, have been clearly observed in what he made.
- Hebrews 3:4- for every house is built by someone, but God is the builder of everything.
- Job 12:7-10 But ask the animals, and they will teach you, or the birds in the sky and they will tell you or speak to the earth and it will teach you or let the fish in the sea inform you. Which of all these does not know that the hand of the LORD has done this? In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind.
Video for younger kids: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PBpCA2nxG8
Treasure hunt list:
- Flower that is blooming
- 3 types of leaves
- Robin, blue bird, cardinal, or other colorful bird
- Some type of food grown in your garden or in a farm field
- Squirrel, chipmunk, or other small creature
- Beautiful sky- sunset, clouds in the sky, or stars at night
- Neighbor, parent, and/or sibling
- Pond, lake, or river
- Moss on a tree or rock
- Animals making noise
- Something you didn’t expect to see